Well, Easter in now a distant memory but we all know that chocolate can linger sometimes for more than a while, festering in easter egg boxes in all corners of the house. If you want to clear the last of it away there really is no better recipe than the one kindly provided to us by Fran from www.fransfoodstories. com. Its really worth checking out her site which is crammed full of the most delicious recipes and ideas all based on healthy eating. Her inventions are mind blowing and ispiring and her instagram posts are utterly addictive.
This recipe by Fran is for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cups – it is a total winner and one that we use her (perhaps too many times) at presentlocker.com. Once you have tried them you will not be able to live without them in your life …… the darkest chocolate is used here, but for the purposes of using up Easter left over chocolate then just melt whatever you have …….. Be warned you will love this sweet treat and you WILL make it again, but the next time with the best quality dark chocolate (of course).
If any one tries to tell me that chocolate and peanut butter isn’t a good combination I just don’t think we could be friends!! But seriously, my favourite chocolate is Reece’s peanut butter cups…nothing can beat them! This weekend though I thought I would make my own as they are so simple and are much better for you!
You will only need two ingredients to make these little beauties it is that simple. It is important to use a good quality dark chocolate, as it contains less sugar and also contains more antioxidants, but you can really choose whatever chocolate you want. They come together in about 15 mins and are the perfect after dinner treat or 4pm pick me up!
- Bar of Dark Chocolate
- Peanut Butter – I used Meridian Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring regularly and making sure you don’t burn it.
- Spoon a small amount of the chocolate into the bottom of a muffin case.
- Place in the fridge for 10 mins then spoon a small amount of peanut butter on top.
- Cover the peanut butter with the remaining chocolate and tap on the bench a couple of times to make sure it is every spread out.
- Place in the fridge for another 5 mins until all the chocolate is set.
- And you are good to go!
Glad we have shared www.fransfoodstories.com with you, take a look at her site and please take a mo to comment. I know that she would love to hear from you! Happy Eating!